Want an exciting career? Want to capture the moments of the present tense? Want to cherish the memories as you gradually flip through the pages of your album? If all these act as a signal to your passion, than obviously ‘photography’ is your cup of tea!
What is Photography?
With the advancement of science and technology, naive academic courses are generally kept at bay and the present posterity is keenly interested to choose the professional courses that will give them an extra edge over others. “Photography” is one such course which will hopefully shape your career in the right direction. Photography is an art indeed. It creates beautiful works and often acts as the kernel of the whole story when the questions of product, service, media channels and others raise their hoods before the mass. It is certainly relevant to state that mass communication receives a comprehensive range of publicity owing to this very factor.
Its Role in Some of the Key Areas:
Photography is a boon for us. Ranging from preparing business cards, leaflets to pamphlets and media photos, the role of this aspect of technology leaves no room for any question! Promotion is the stepping stone to success in the business arena. Moreover, the art of photography is recognized everywhere. Be it advertisement, placements of product, the house journals, the corporate publications, or the stories cooked up for export and import trades, the conspicuous presence of this art is felt by the pores of this skin in the accepted sense of term!
Categories of Photography:
If one is solely interested in taking up this art as a career, one may consider the following categories, where the soul of this art thrives with aplomb. Now a word for each:
- Portrait: A portrait is usually a candid photography and can be captured by the lens in either formal or informal posture. Indulging in such a kind of photography will enhance the confidence to tackle some more serious issues.
- Product Photography: It is normally linked to the promotion and sell of products. The products photographically displayed show be attractive, acceptable and affordable as well.
- Photo journalism: Press is the fourth estate or rather the fourth pillar of democracy. But to carve out a niche here, photo journalism can an option as well. Today’s media industry is really looking for such professionals who have an eye for nuance and an ear for irony! Be it print, electronic or digital, the photographers are recognized as much as the staff reporters and editors to ensure the completion of the circle.
- Food: Not exactly the foods for thought but to pamper your taste buds as you manage to skip your work for a while to catch the glimpses of the displayed photos of food. In other words your mouth begins to water as you visually come across the pictures of different cuisines, take out some money from your wallet, rush and buy some of them to indulge in some kind of gastronomically delights!
- Advertisement: Photography plays a pivotal role in product promotion and selling as well. The product pictures in newspapers, tabloids, magazines and websites entice the customers to buy them and contribute to the increase of profit margin of the company(s).
- Fashion Photography: In recent times fashion photography has gained a considerable attention! Designed garments, jewelry and shoes reach out to the audience via advertisements in the various crops of media. Not only the promotion but the style quotient matters too.
Uses of Photography:
Photography as an art has myriad uses. Be it in the business, shooting up the company’s sell or creating awareness among the people of the brand image(s) and values, the importance of this art will never cease to exist.
Conclusion: So if you are gifted with a creative bent of mind looking for a break to get it manifested, join any reputed institute offering the course. Remember you are just a click away from translating your dreams into reality! All the best!!