Commercial photography is that branch of photography that creates beautiful works of art to advertise the intrinsic soul of any product or service for media channels like magazine ads, company websites, magazines, digital advertisements, and commercial catalogs for commercial use.
Commercial photography may be used in business cards, corporate brochures, business leaflets, and advertorials and media photos. Commercial photography can be associated with business advertisements, sales promotion, leaflets or brochures, product placements, corporate publications and with import export business.
Categories of Commercial Photography:
- Portrait Photography: Portrait photography refers to any kind of candid image of people or face of a person, taken in a studio.
- Product Photography: The visual presentation of a company’s product contribute a lot in making a company increasingly acceptable among its potential customers, thus increasing its sales.
- Photojournalism: Photojournalism is showing of a news story of a situation happening through photography which is then used by media channels and news channels.
- Food Photography: Commercial photographers take beautiful photos of various cuisines to create still photographs of different food menus to make them more mouthwatering.
- Advertising photography: It involves taking photos of product to be published in print media such as magazines, websites, and newspapers solely for the purpose of selling it.
- Fashion Photography: Fashion photography comprises of taking photos displaying latest clothing and fashion accessories in an eye-catching manner for fashion magazines or advertisements.
Uses of Commercial Photography:
- Selling a Product: Commercial photography helps to sell a company’s product, product line or a service. It can be used to glorify any product’s features, benefits, sharpness, its uses or simply the product itself.
- Sponsoring a Business: Commercial photos help in promoting a business or investment through flyers and billboards advertisements. Social Media play an important role in promoting any business investment.
- Brand Awareness Building: Excellent photos help to create a lasting impression on the minds of the audience. Commercial photography uses various lighting techniques, Photoshop skills to enhance the look of the product to grab the attention of potential customers.
- Increases Company Sales: Creative photography help in improving the overall return on investment of the company. Good company websites, having creative and innovative images undoubtedly create an impression on the audience about the superiority of the product or service, ultimately luring them to buy it.
So Good photography is needed to effectively endorse or sell a product or a service of a company. Successful commercial photographers incorporate their photography skills with the technical aspect of photography for commercial media outlets.