Advanced Photojournalism Course
An in-depth look into the technology as well as the artistic aspects of photojournalism is taught systematically and comprehensively in one of the best photojournalism courses in India at Images Redefined Photography Institute in Kolkata. The Advanced Photojournalism Course meticulously instills in our students a deep-rooted and thorough understanding of the subject enabling and preparing them for a career in an acclaimed media house, magazine or newspaper.
Having an original aesthetic sense and learning how to train one’s creative eye is extremely vital in photojournalism these and several relevant concepts, tricks, tactics, and tips are taught to our students by incredibly well-versed faculty members.Our students can benefit from huge practical classes held all over India and internship opportunities in leading newspapers, magazines, and media agencies.A number of these key guiding points – like learning the intricacies of Feature Photography and a host of diverse coverage, structuring photo-essays, how to market yourself and how to develop a good portfolio, knowledge on copyright infringement laws – come to be of indispensable use to the budding photojournalist.
6 months +outstation workshops + internship in reputed Newspapers /Magazines
Fees: Rs 5,000/ ( $100) (Refundable security deposit )
Rs. 55,000/ (Full payment before class commences) ($1800 for non-Indian
Installment: Rs.30,000/ + 5000/ (before class commences), Rs. 30,000/ (after 3 months) ($2000 for non-Indians)
For terms click here
Call on +91-9830796777 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org or fillup the below form for any query regarding the course.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English, Hindi, Bengali
- Students 0
- Assessments Self
- Learning photography as a form of fine art.
- The ways to train your creative eye.
- Ways of polishing your aesthetic sense.
- Understanding light and its artistic significance.
- The art of dramatic composition and formation.
- Lens tricks, tactics, and gimmick.
- Role of background in photography.
- How to play with shadows.
- Introduction to silhouette photography; its use in controversial subjects.
- Artistic portrait photography.
- The art of panning.
- Clicking Zoom Burst photos.
- Feature Photography
- Clicking pictures of daily life.
- Photography for news stories.
- Covering spot and breaking news.
- Covering general news.
- War and violence photography.
- Documentary photography.
- News related feature.
- Covering festivals.
- Covering disasters.
- Covering elections.
- Business and corporate photography.
- Celebrity photography.
- Covering ramp shows.
- Covering VVIP and entourage.
- Sports photography.
- Photojournalism ethics.
- The art of editing pictures.
- Working with Photoshop.
- Role and significance of photo editor software.
- Learning the difference between news photographer and photojournalist.
- Learning the difference between newspaper, magazine, and new agencies.
- Adjusting to a newsroom environment and being a photojournalist.
- Tips to get a photojournalism job.
- Tips to start your own photography business.
- Tips to sell stock images.
- How to market your images in the global market.
- How to develop a portfolio and prepare a resume.
- The do’s and don’ts of becoming a successful professional.
- How to make your way to an award.
- Acquainting yourself with the copyright infringement laws.
- Dress code.
- Guidelines on safety.
- Which accessories to carry for an outdoor photo shoot.
- Citizen Journalism
- Counselling and stress therapy.
- Training via reviews of Oscar-winning movies.
- Special grooming.
- Spot-on training for breaking news coverage.
- Outdoor photo shoots (a lot of this).
- Photoessay assignments.
- Discussion and review of photos clicked by fellow students.
- Hands on training in picture transmission.