In today’s time, terms like selfie, groupie, and portfolio have become a part and parcel of every young generation’s daily lives.
With the growing digital era, need for visual content, flawless photography have become made photography industry a competitive and booming industry. In photography, visualization or imagination and an understanding of changing trends and technology are the two most important elements you need to have.
For a photographer, the camera essentially becomes his mechanical ‘eye’ that can take pictures by using different lighting techniques, available light sources and shades, colors, positions and make effective use of different camera lenses for giving meaning to the pictures.
Why Study Photography:
A photographer needs to know how to use lighting to enhance a scene or how to use natural light to their best advantage. A photographer also needs to know how to use photo editing software to enhance their skill set. Photography also builds your transferable skills. Studying photography enhances decision making, digital understanding, communication, self-confidence, presentation, collaboration, self-analysis, research and marketing skills. This opens up avenues in field like digital marketing, filmmaking and social media that were not available to photographers in earlier days.
Reasons to Opt for Photography as a Career:
There are a number of reasons that make us believe that photography is a great career choice.
- Capture a lasting memory: A photo can simply capture a precious moment of one’s life and make that moment last forever in the minds of people. Images live as a visual document of significant moments in someone’s life.
- Develop a sweet story: A photograph helps to form beautiful stories of life through the captured images but requires a thorough knowledge of the subject. It is with these pictures that people get to revive the bygone moments and re-create those that truly matter, to look back and enjoy for years.
- Photography takes you to charismatic places: Travel photographers get to travel to beautiful destinations all around the world and collect different images, stories and history of different regions.
- Give yourself some free time: whether you are an aspiring photographer of a professional, you can show your creative talents whenever your heart wants rather than having a fixed daily work regime. You can allot more time to your family as you are not working under a boss or command and you are in full control of your time.
- Keep learning new things: with the boom in media advertising, photography is ever emerging. There is always a scope of learning new camera techniques, adjusting the lenses, playing with light and shades, and new editing tricks to make your pictures look the best.
- Notice the details: Photographers make the use of natural or artificial lighting to capture intricate detailed pictures of people, wildlife, locations and environmental settings.
- Document your family: The most important charm of being a photographer is that, you can capture life’s best moments, the lives of your family, children and the near ones, and document them to relive and enjoy with your grandsons in future.
- Express yourself: Photography can let you express your feelings, perspectives and beliefs through the way.
Career of a professional photographer is thus thrilling and innovative. Creativity is the soul of choosing photography as a career option.
So if you have the creative drive in you, it is the time you pick up the camera and make a profession out of it.