In a democratic set up like India, ‘press’ or the ‘fourth estate’ plays a significant role to reach out to the mass and help them know the every detail of any situation, occurrence or event. But it is to be noted that the conventional idea of press or media encompasses only the pen and paper battle to reveal the blatant truths before the people. However, in reality “photography” is a little bit ahead in this matter and the axiom is “One picture is equal to ten thousand words!”
Photography and its Impact:
Photography is an art but the fact is the cycle would not take a complete look unless a perfect aesthetic sense adds itself to it. To bring out the intrinsic soul of any product, service or media muses, photography is the one and only path ay this present hour. If beauty desire to mingle with grace to create an impact upon others, there is no such art as this in the whole world! On the other hand the preparation of different business cards, leaflets, pamphlets and media pictures related to advertisements and promotional services highly banks on photography. Besides, the myriad corporate publications and the export and import business can see their heydays, if photography and its professional elegance are discovered to be associated with this entire gamut!
Categories and Features:
It is important to understand that photography is not a single entity, instead it is endowed with several other branches and each branch has a specific role to perform in the accepted sense of term! There is in fact a wide range of the subject. Now a word for each type:
- Candid: It is highly popular and there is no need of a definite or salient picture in this regard. ‘Candid’ is very popular among the young generation as you can find them with expensive mobile phones or cameras to take the snap shots to post them in social media!
- Food: The food pictures are taken usually in a food festival. In recent times food festival has gained the attention of the mass. The menu chart is decked up with the different items of mouth watering food. The packages are lucrative!
- Fashion: Over the years, fashion has always been the cynosure in its most significant texture! But now fashion photography is a craze as everybody wants to be on the top page of a leading fashion magazine. Moreover, the introduction of fashion as a regular course of study has made the young souls think about the career and growth from a completely lateral perspective! The pay packet is also good.
- Wedding photography: If you want to keep your pockets heavy all the times, this is the best option indeed! Wedding takes place round the year and the offer of a wedding assignment comes in the form of a package which is roughly around seventy thousand, depending upon the status of the client!
- Wild photography: This is something related to one’s passion and the silver bucks don’t often poke its nose into the matter. But a lover of photography can go for this to build his or her career!
Institutions offering the course:
Owing to the initiative taken by the government and other private sectors, different institutions have been set up to offer the course on ‘photography’ in its various shapes and textures. The crash courses are also available in the city as well as in other places located in India. But the course fee is quite high as ‘photography’ itself is a costly affair!
The Uses of This Art:
No matter how artistic the concept is, it has to earn its bread and butter by encouraging a few things only like selling a product, glorifying business sponsorship, building of brand awareness among the mass, creating company websites, keeping a track on the audience, so on and so forth!
‘Photography’ is a creative segment of journalism and so everyone cannot be a perfect photographer. The conventional terms like effort, dedication and discipline will always be there, but if you are not endowed with that creative genius, it is better to be in the news and others! The world of images is not only enticing but enough to enrich your life!!