Whenever we talk on photography, we consciously or unconsciously make a journey back to our roots i.e. to say that the seed of this wonderful art was laid long ago, during the British Raj in India. Gradually the concept was adored and accepted by the people and today this art is an indispensable part of the human race. We are really overwhelmed by this world of images!
Photography is an art used to create beautiful works of various dimension(s). It is the intrinsic soul of any product, service, media channels and many more. The companies hire experts to manufacture business cards, leaflets, pamphlets and media photos for advertisements and sales promotion. Besides, photography also assists in creating corporate publications and import and export business as well. However, to be a good photographer in order to hit the bull’s eye is not a pretty easy task! You have to enrol yourself in a good institute, follow the set of do’s and don’ts laid down by the instructor and above all a thorough devotion and dedication play a pivotal role here without any tinge of doubt. After all scaling new heights really matters!
A Brief View on the Categories and Their Importance:
There goes a timeless metaphor: “Variety is the spice of life”. Thus to break the sense of tedium, different forms of this art have come down to us. Each of them has its own platform and way to cater to the needs and preferences of the people. A word for each:
- Candid: This is a conventional part of the whole story. It doesn’t involve any cost as such. Such a type is hugely popular among the teens and youngsters. There is no such definite posture or attitude here. A light moment accompanied by a single flash executes the whole purpose with confidence!
- Photo journalism: This term goes with those who prefer to cover the happenings or stories for media and news channels. It is a costly affair and requires a lot of training and hard work in the accepted sense of term!
- Food Photography: If you want to whet your appetite, just opt for this and manage to visit the food fairs with camera and wet mouth. This kind of photography is not so popular like others. But gradually the ambience is changing and the scope for the rare ones is also enhancing to give a complete look to the whole matter!
- Wild Photography: Are you a nature lover? Do you visit animal parks and zoos? If the answer is “yes”, than this exactly your cup of tea! Interestingly, this is first a hobby and later can be take up as a profession to work for the “Animal Planet Channels” to earn good bucks!
- Fashion Photography: Someone who loves to look good and is keenly interested in the items like garments, accessories and fashion can opt for this. The understanding of the glamour world is utmost essential before one jumps to cover the lead stories for different fashion magazines!
A Costly Affair:
Unlike any other art photography is a costly affair. There are various institutes where the course fees are very high. And therefore one needs to check one’s pocket before the moves are made to gain name and fame here.
The time is moving fast and to keep pace with it, new courses are appearing on the screen. But photography is an exception in this regard. Its approach to the human life is both traditional and modern. The colour of ethos varies from one plane to another and if you are capable enough to seize such variations, you must have an eye for nuance! To capture the subtle moments of this existence, one should be a perfectionist. A camera is just a device and its function completely depends upon “the man behind the device”. An honest confession indeed!!