If you are a beginner in photography or you have been clicking pictures with your lens for a while and want to advance your shooting skills, you will definitely gain knowledge, reading this article.
The material and basic photography tips contained in this article is intended not only to help beginners get started in photography, build understanding for photography, but also assist in progressing you to grow as a photographer.
Some simple photography tips for beginners to improve photography techniques:
- Practice Photography Daily: Focusing and taking images of what you love makes photography more enjoyable for you. Always be ever ready to take instant photographs or try to take photographs every day, of anything that draws your attention or is beautiful to eyes. Most of today’s modern digital SLRs are capable of having instantaneous startup, and it takes almost negligible extra battery power to leave your camera on working mode.
- Focus On Subject First: If a photograph is taken blurred or hazy, it is unusable rather than not having a precisely framed photograph. Always focus properly on the subject to be photographed before correcting the frame. When you want to capture portrait photographs at any aperture, first ensure to focus on the eyes.
- Learn All the Rules Of Photography: It is necessary to learn and get accustomed with all the basic directions and simple tricks of photography as they help in building more advanced photography skills set for later use in the field. Learning the rules first help you develop a more creative eye, giving you opportunity to capture photographs with a unique perspective.
- Buy an inexpensive tripod: A tripod is an instrument that holds your camera steady, particularly in light circumstances and helps you get a sharper image. It helps to capture good quality images by keeping the camera ISO as low as possible, which not only reduces the amount of noise in images, but also offers the highest dynamic range of techniques, the camera sensor can capture.
- Give Attention To Frame Edges: Before taking any images by your camera, scrutinize and evaluate that all the sides and corners of the picture is framed precisely, including the bottom and the top, keeping the subject matter the central concept.
- Look for Light and Shade: A wonderful impact of light is the formation of shadow that gives depth and shape to objects of the image. Always look for natural light, sun beams, reflections as well as artificial source like a lamp that interacts with the subject, to give a more realistic turn to your photographs. A window and a reflector can aid you achieve amazing portraits in natural light.
- Enjoy the learning process: The best part of photography learning process is that you get to see, capture and acknowledge photographs that you have earlier not acknowledged or thought of photographing. You need to see things and objects around you from the eyes of a photographer, to find opportunities and a newer perspective you never noticed before.
- Learn your camera’s settings:Getting a proper photograph consists of harmonizing three things in a camera setting like shutter speed, aperture, and ISO settings. You can start off by shooting your subjects in automatic or priority mode in multiple settings to understand the connection between these three aspects that each directly affects the quality of your image shot.
- Read Your User Manual: User manuals are a great source of learning fundamentals of photography. Having an expensive camera does not make you a good photographer. Allot time reading and exploring your camera manual book to know about various camera equipment’s techniques and its methodology.