Advanced Photojournalism Course
Photojournalism is both thrilling and relevant. It can give one an immense sense of work satisfaction and accomplishment. If working in a renowned media house or a reputed daily is what you want to work towards, then Images Redefined Photography Institute in Kolkata is proud to present its Full Time Advanced Photojournalism Course. This is one of the most meticulously well-tailored and comprehensive photojournalism course in India.
The Full Time Advanced Photojournalism Course offers a thorough insight into various diverse aspects of photojournalism- both technical and otherwise. The photojournalism classes included in this course will help to develop a keen creative eye, improve a deep aesthetic sense and cultivate an in-depth understanding of feature photography. An internship would also be provided for at a reputed magazine house or newspaper. Some other highlights of the course include guidance on news related coverage, documentary photography, photojournalism ethics and how to develop a good portfolio.
The course will run for 6 months and will include outstation workshop and an internship in a reputed newspaper or magazine house.
We charge Rs. 5000 ($100) for the course, which is very much affordable. Please note that students will have to pay a refundable security deposit.
Images Redefined charges Rs. 55,000 for direct admissions to this course. The payment needs to be in full during the admission. The amount is $1800 for non-Indian students.
If a student wants to pay in two instalments, the fee for direct admission would be Rs. 60,000. Of the total, 75% needs to be paid during the time of admission, and 25% within the next 2 months. The amount is $2000 for non-Indian students.
Admission after completing Full Time Basic Course:
For students who have already completed our Full Time Basic course and wish to enrol in this advanced course, the admission fee is Rs. 50,000. Full payment has to be made at the time of admission. The amount is $1700 for non-Indian students.
If a student wants to pay the fee in two instalments, the amount would be Rs. 55,000. 75% of the fee needs to be paid during the admission and the remaining 25% within the next two months.
For terms click here
Call on +91-9830796777 or write to email@example.com or fillup the below form for any query regarding the course.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English, Hindi, Bengali
- Students 0
- Assessments Self
- Learning photography as a form of fine art.
- The ways to train your creative eye.
- Ways of polishing your aesthetic sense.
- Understanding light and its artistic significance.
- The art of dramatic composition and formation.
- Lens tricks, tactics, and gimmick.
- Role of background in photography.
- How to play with shadows.
- Introduction to silhouette photography; its use in controversial subjects.
- Artistic portrait photography.
- The art of panning.
- Clicking Zoom Burst photos.
- Feature Photography
- Clicking pictures of daily life.
- Photography for news stories.
- Covering spot and breaking news.
- Covering general news.
- War and violence photography.
- Documentary photography.
- News related feature.
- Covering festivals.
- Covering disasters.
- Covering elections.
- Business and corporate photography.
- Celebrity photography.
- Covering ramp shows.
- Covering VVIP and entourage.
- Sports photography.
- Photojournalism ethics.
- The art of editing pictures.
- Working with Photoshop.
- Role and significance of photo editor software.
- Learning the difference between news photographer and photojournalist.
- Learning the difference between newspaper, magazine, and new agencies.
- Adjusting to a newsroom environment and being a photojournalist.
- Tips to get a photojournalism job.
- Tips to start your own photography business.
- Tips to sell stock images.
- How to market your images in the global market.
- How to develop a portfolio and prepare a resume.
- The do’s and don’ts of becoming a successful professional.
- How to make your way to an award.
- Acquainting yourself with the copyright infringement laws.
- Dress code.
- Guidelines on safety.
- Which accessories to carry for an outdoor photo shoot.
- Citizen Journalism
- Counselling and stress therapy.
- Training via reviews of Oscar-winning movies.
- Special grooming.
- Spot-on training for breaking news coverage.
- Outdoor photo shoots (a lot of this).
- Photoessay assignments.
- Discussion and review of photos clicked by fellow students.
- Hands on training in picture transmission.